Saturday, April 19, 2008

still here

Hey friends,

sorry it's been so long, time flies the older I get, and I'm not even that old yet.  Update:  yes, we are still here in Thailand working with refugees and the displaced people of Burma.  Burma is still a lousy place to live, unless of course you work for the army.  I wont get into everything that has happened since the last blog entry, suffice it to say that everything is good.  Christmas was great, although really busy.  I got to help with an eye clinic at the end of Dec, we tested and sent prescription glasses to over three hundred people along the border.  I also got to go with some friends from FBR on a trip into Karen State for the Burma Day of Prayer, had a good time and it was awesome to be with the people we are here to support.  I have the possibility of going to do a paramedic training in the Philippines this summer if i can raise the money.  its great because I can use the knowledge here on the border, as well as have a certification that I can use throughout most of the world.  a friend of mine is there now.  more on that as I get the details worked out.  

Gotta run for the moment, but I promise to be better at updating. 

cheers.

No comments: